test suite simulating NAS for development?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 22 18:47:35 CET 2010

Mark McWiggins wrote:
> We're developing an application to capture log data from Radius, but we don't have
> a NAS to test with to generate the logs.
>
> Is there some test suite available to do this?

  radclient comes with the server.  It can generate traffic if you feed
it data.

  There's also radperf (http://networkradius.com).  It's similar to
radclient, but it does a lot more (synthesize accounting traffic, etc.).

> Thanks much; if none is available we will probably develop one

  There are *tons* of RADIUS clients out there.  Download one.  Don't
write another one.