Freeradius + MySQL + Encrypted Password

Juliano Faoro jfaoro at comscentre.com
Wed Jan 27 08:51:06 CET 2010

Hi,

I've just installed a freeradius with mysql and it is working OK with
text passwords on the radcheck table.

When I try using MD5 password it doesn't work. Does anyone have a
"radius.conf"  template file that I can use as a reference and also how
the tables on mysql should be populated.

I already went through  hundreds of messages on this mailing list,
searched on wiki, google, etc.. but couldn't get it working so I thought
that would be easier if I started it fresh with a simple working
configuration.

The versions that I am running are:

-freeradius-mysql-1.1.3-1.2.el5
-freeradius-1.1.3-1.2.el5