STILL Trying to get tunneling to work- resolved, and a question

Mike Bernhardt bernhardt at bart.gov
Fri Jan 29 20:36:01 CET 2010

I found the major problem that caused my configuration to not work. This was
in regards to getting freeradius to proxy EAP/PEAP to IAS servers as
standard CHAP. I was using freeradius 2.1.7, and then 2.1.8 as recommended
by someone. Neither worked.

The solution was to back down to 2.1.4. Is this a bug that was introduced
after that, or what? I can email config files to whomever needs them to work
on it.

So, I now have another question: I have set up 2 IAS servers in a pool. I
would like to drastically reduce the timeout before freeradius fails over to
the 2nd one. How do I do that? Right now it takes about 30 seconds but I
don't see a variable to change that.

I also noticed that the status requests, which begin after it has marked a
server as bad, do not work. How do I use the user name and [bad] password to
check status and bring it back sooner? It only seems to try it once and
that's it.

Thanks,

Mike