warnings under cygwin

tangfu abctfq2008 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:00:40 CEST 2010

> Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:29:34 +0200
> From: aland at deployingradius.com
> To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
> Subject: Re: warnings under cygwin
>
> tangfu wrote:
> > Hi,guys.I try to complie freeradius 2.19 under cygwin this afternoon,but
> > i get some warning when i execute "./configure ..."
>
> Do you understand what the purpose of "configure" is?
>
> > I don't have installed net-snmp,but i add "--without-snmp" to
> > configure.I am confused why these warnings about snmp occur.
>
> Because you don't have the *optional* SNMP files installed.
>
> > Additionally,iodbc and unixodbc seem merely to support non-windows
> > platform.I always don't get build succeeded.
>
> "configure" is NOT the same as the "build" stage. If configure says
> that the pre-requisites don't exist, then those files will not be built.
>
> > Much to my puzzlement,libmysqlclient_r.a and libmysqlclient_r.la exsit
> > in /lib/mysql,as well as files related to mysql,but warnings don't
> > be removed.Even if i use --with-mysql-lib-dir=<path>,it doesn't work all
> > the same.
>
> Read "config.log" for full description of the reasons why the
> configure failed.
>
> And you can always edit the "Makefile" by hand, to point to the
> correct library && include directory. That's why the Makefiles are
> generated. There's not need to give up if the "configure" process
> doesn't work.
>
> Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Hi,Alan DeKok,thanks to your analysis.Ha-ha,it makes sence really.

1.
./configure --without-snmp --disable-shared --with-system-libtool --without-rlm_krb5 --without-rlm_pam --without-rlm_sql_oracle --without-rlm_sql_unixodbc --without-rlm_sql_iodbc --without-rlm_perl --with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/lib/mysql --without-rlm_eap_ikev2 --without-rlm_eap_tnc --prefix=C:/123 2>C:/warning

2.

As you said,some problem has occured in src\rlm_sql\drivers\rlm_sql_mysql\config.log

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a(my_compress.o):my_compress.c:(.text+0x66): undefined reference to `_compress'

/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a(my_compress.o):my_compress.c:(.text+0x187): undefined reference to `_uncompress'

In my opinion,maybe some "*.H" file is necessary,but i am not certain.What do you think about this?