What Next??

Thomas Reeves thomas_reeves at verizon.net
Mon Jul 5 07:20:24 CEST 2010

Greetings, All

I have a FreeBSD-based gateway server running pfSense software.  This is the
only server directly connected to the internet.  It distributes (port
forwards) all incoming internet requests to about five back-end servers
based on static IP address and/or ports.

I have a new FreeRADIUS/MySQL server among the five back-end servers.  I
just completed installation, configuration and testing of this server.

I want to authenticate and authorize all incoming http(s) requests before
allowing access to any back-end services.

However, I seemed to have missed something fundamental about the FreeRADIUS
server - what do I do next??  How do I "attach" FreeRADIUS to the inbound
TCP stream to accept/reject requests??  Where does the accept/reject
response go??  The available documentation did not discuss deployment...

Any links or tips would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rubix Cube