What Next??

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Mon Jul 5 07:43:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Thomas Reeves
<thomas_reeves at verizon.net> wrote:
> I have a FreeBSD-based gateway server running pfSense software.

> I want to authenticate and authorize all incoming http(s) requests before
> allowing access to any back-end services.
>
> However, I seemed to have missed something fundamental about the FreeRADIUS
> server – what do I do next??  How do I “attach” FreeRADIUS to the inbound
> TCP stream to accept/reject requests??

That question would be better addressed to pfSense support/discussion
list. radius does not really care what the end usage is, it simply
provides Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA).

Here's a similar example: you can limit which users are allowed to use
wireless network on your office by listing the users and their
respective password on a radius server. But to get the actual
limitation to work, you need to configure your wireless access point
to "ask" radius whether a particular user/password combination is
allowed. Does this make sense so far?

--
Fajar