DHCP server will not send DHCP-Boot-Filename

Mark Price mprice at tqhosting.com
Wed Jul 7 18:37:02 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>  Hmm.. I don't see the DHCP-Boot-Filename as an option later in the
> DHCP packet.  Could you point it out more specifically?

Let me try to clarify:

Currently, DHCP-Boot-Filename value is not being sent and
DHCP-Boot-File-Name is being sent.  The problem is only with
DHCP-Boot-Filename.

Note that DHCP-Boot-Filename is part of the dhcp header (as seen in
src/lib/dhcp.c).  When freeradius writes the response packet, the
DHCP-Boot-Filename field is blank, when it should be pulling in a
string if I configure DHCP-Boot-Filename.

See screenshot of DHCP ACK packet in wireshark:
http://i.imgur.com/wSdgp.png  .  To get that specific example, I have
specified BOTH of these in config:

                DHCP-Boot-Filename = pxeboot
                DHCP-Boot-File-Name = pxeboot

In highlighted blue is the section of the packet where
DHCP-Boot-Filename should be populated.

Circled in pink is the section of the packet where DHCP-Boot-File-Name
is being sent.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Mark