Freeradius with LDAP backend for pptpd (via MS-CHAP)

Daniel Gomes dgomes at ipfn.ist.utl.pt
Fri Jul 9 14:47:43 CEST 2010

Well, as I mentioned (a couple of times now), the LDAP server was indeed
returning a password to FreeRADIUS, since radtest was always working
fine. So the problem wasn't in the LDAP server itself, because it does
"return a password when an LDAP client queries it for a password" (as I
also mentioned it, we are currently and successfully using it to
authenticate other services). The problem was really related to MS-CHAP,
and now that I changed to PAP, it all seems to be working fine...

--
Daniel Gomes (SysAdmin)
dgomes at ipfn.ist.utl.pt
Ext. 3487 - 218419487

Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear
Instituto Superior Técnico - UTL
Av. Rovisco Pais - 1049-001 Lisboa - Portugal