Is there a definitive config guide for installing 1.1.7 on Solaris 10

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 13 09:49:28 CEST 2010

Avery, Larry EIS-ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor wrote:
> Is there a complete list of packages required for freeRADIUS on my version of
> Solaris 10?

  The server doesn't need *any* packages to run.  It needs gcc and gmake
to compile.  The "configure" stage figures out which packages you have,
and uses those.  It doesn't need SQL, LDAP, DBM, or anything.

> The attempted startup of radius, with the "-X" option is shown below:
>
> # ./S99rad* start

  Hmm... why not just "radiusd -X" from the command line?

> radiusd:  entering modules setup
> Segmentation Fault - core dumped
> radiusd
> #
>
> I've seen queries from others with the same problem, but I can't find a
> resolution.

  Update the Solaris dynamic linker path to include the path where the
modules were installed.  It's some magic Solaris command, and I forget
which one...