Retry delay and retry count when proxying requests
aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 16 14:55:33 CEST 2010
Murray Long wrote:
> I'm trying to integrate with Ipass and they have asked for a 12 second
> or more delay between retry attempts. The default behavior for
> freeradius seems to be sending 3 retries every 5 secs, which is why
> I've been trying to change it.
No. The default behavior for the *NAS* is to send 3 retries every 5
seconds. FreeRADIUS just passes those packets along to the home server.
> As I only have a single home-server for the realm i don't mind
> applying the change to either the realm or the home-server, but I
> havn't been able to figure out how to do either.
> Am I going about this the wrong way?
I don't see what is unclear about the documentation.
1) you can still set retry_delay and retry_count
2) just as with 1.x
3) in the same place in the config files as with 1.x
4) those 2 configuration items will only apply to old-style realms
5) old-style realms have "authhost" and "accthost"
6) so... configure retry_delay and retry_count as you did with 1.x
7) configure a realm as you did with 1.x
8) it *will* work
More information about the Freeradius-Users