Passwd module problem

Peter Bates p.bates at gold.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 17:18:58 CEST 2010

Hello all...

I'm running FR 2.1.9 compiled from source on Debian Linux
and using the passwd module for a couple of things.

I have one instance called 'mac-auth', configured in modules/mac-auth as:
passwd mac-auth {
        filename = ${confdir}/mac-auth
        format = "*User-Name:=Tunnel-Private-Group-Id"
        delimiter = ","
}

That works fine - the username is mapped to a VLAN-id (as per similar
examples
in mac2ip and mac2vlan included in the distribution).

I also have modules/switch-auth, which contains:
passwd switch-auth {
        filename = ${confdir}/switch-auth
        format = "*NAS-IP-Address:=Tunnel-Private-Group-Id"
        delimiter = ","
}

However, this never matches and the module always returns 'notfound':

+- entering group post-auth {...}
++[switch-auth] returns notfound

I am calling the module in post-auth but as the 'mac-auth' instance
works fine I'm at a loss as to why the other one is failing.

--
Peter Bates, Network Support & Development Officer
Goldsmiths, University of London