AW: Freeradius + LDAP password trouble

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 13:01:43 CEST 2010

On 07/19/2010 06:19 AM, Lionne Stangier wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
>>   .. it is impossible to use PEAP with SHA passwords.
>> http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html
>
> I saved the LDAP password clear-text now. It don’t work either. Same radiusd -X log as before.

If it's the same log as before then you apparently have not fixed this
problem:

 > WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure
that the user is configured correctly?

Please do what Alan suggested. Using the ldapsearch command line tool,
bind exactly as the ldap module binds and perform the exact same ldap
serach as in the log. What do you get back? If it's not the password you
expect then that's your problem and it's an ldap issue.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/