DHCP reply with opt82

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 20 14:01:25 CEST 2010

Alex wrote:
> Thanks Alan,
>
> but git pull said that local sources are up to date.

  Or... git pull origin v2.1.x:v2.1.x

> dhcp.c has this changes:
> http://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/commit/7d44b0a545a50012aaa60ba996cc976d15745d08

  Yes, that should be it.

> dictionary.dhcp is from 2.1.10

  Are you *sure*?  The version in the source is from 2.1.10.  What about
the installed version?  (/usr/local/share/freeradius/...) Go *check*.

> but result is the same (tcpdump):
>            Agent-Information Option 82, length 6:
>              Unknown SubOption 0, length 4:
>                0x0000:  01e3 0420
>            Agent-Information Option 82, length 8:
>              Unknown SubOption 0, length 6:
>                0x0000:  001f cab0 ef00
>
> What am I doing wrong?

  Probably not using the right dictionary, or the right version of the
server.

  When I perform the test that's in the git commit message, I get the
correct sub-option format.  Please try that.  If you don't get the
correct suboptions, then you need to use the right dictionary and/or the
right source code.