proxy everyone

marco perugini m.perugini at 4it.it
Tue Jul 20 19:12:45 CEST 2010

hi list!
i'm setting up my freeradius architecture with a single proxy and
multiple servers;
here's my scenario:
freeradius server # 1 -> my own server [realm local.net]
freeradius server # 2 -> external server [realm ext.net]
freeradius proxy -> i know everything about users i proxy towards my
server [# 1] but i don't know anything about users i proxy towards
external server [# 2]. i would proxy every_username at ext.net just to log
requests.

so this is my question for you: can i use rlm_realm to proxy an entire
realm without knowing the usernames just to trace auth/acct requests? or
i'm crazy at all?

i hope you'll understand my question......... ;)

thanks,
duffy