freeradius and ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id

Mike mike-freeradius at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Jul 20 21:36:34 CEST 2010

Greetings,

    I would like to be able to incorporate processing of
ADSL-Agent-Circuit-Id into my freeradius / mysql environment. I have a
stock debian / freeradius2 server with a local mysql database, and my
bras is correctly getting this attribute to me and I see it under
freeradius -X. I would like to implement a policy of 'ignore
username/password' and instead authenticate based on the presence of
this attribute and the database entry corresponding to it. I do not want
to simply overwrite User-Name with the attribute, I really want to only
peform this step if the attribute is actualy present otherwise proceed
normally for chap/pap. So I guess the question is, how can I
conditionally authenticate based on presence of this attribute (and a
corresponding db entry saying "Auth-type = Accept" or "Reject")?
if anyone just makes their username the same as a valid circuit ID,
they'd be allowed and really I want to enforce it based on the presence
of the acutal attribute itself.

Mike-