Setting up pam_radius_auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 23 12:54:08 CEST 2010

Mike J wrote:
> Now obviously is says there's a problem with the secret, but I believe
> I've setup the secret correctly in the configs I've shown above.
> Does anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

  Either the password is incorrect, or the MD5 calculations on the PAM
or server side are broken.

  If this is a PPC system, the PAM module might not have been built
correctly.

  You could also try install radclient on the same system as the PAM
module.  If radclient works and PAM doesn't, then the PAM module wasn't
built correctly.

  See the pam_radius_auth.c file for how to build it.