Using the NAS table for Huntgroup-Name

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Jun 1 11:22:15 CEST 2010

I thought I might share a configuration part that has proven useful for
us...

Based on the howto at http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_Huntgroup_HOWTO ,
we found that we might as well add the huntgroup name to the NAS table
when adding new NASes.  No need to maintain two separate tables with the
NAS ip address as key...  So we added a huntgroup field to the 'nas' sql
table and do

        update request {
                Huntgroup-Name := "%{sql:select huntgroup from nas where nasname=\"%{NAS-IP-Address}\"}"
        }

in the authorize section.

Not that this changes much, but at least it prevents the huntgroup SQL
lookup from failing due to missing NAS's

Bjørn