reauth-problem with WPA2-tls

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Jun 3 13:06:24 CEST 2010

Andreas Hartmann <andihartmann at 01019freenet.de> writes:

> Yes, you're right - I meant option eap -> tls -> cache -> enable is
> switched _on_ and fast_reauth is on too on the supplicant. My wrong :-(.
>
> You can see it at this log entry at the initial login:
> Wed Jun  2 20:29:14 2010 : Info: [tls] Adding user data to cached session
> Wed Jun  2 20:29:14 2010 : Info: [tls] Saving response in the cache
> Wed Jun  2 20:29:14 2010 : Info: [tls] WARNING: No information to cache:
> session caching will be disabled for this session.
>
> And then the reauth:
>
> Wed Jun  2 20:39:18 2010 : Info: [tls] Retrieved session data from
> cached session
> Wed Jun  2 20:39:18 2010 : Info: [tls] WARNING: No information in cached
> session!

FWIW I've seen exactly the same with FR 2.1.8.  Ended up disabling
caching.  But I would like to know the cause of this "No information to
cache" warning.  The resulting failure to retrieve cached data is of
course to be expected, but the warning itself doesn't make any sense to
me.  There must be information to cache since the authentication is
sucessful.

See also the thread that
https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2010-January/msg00181.html
is part of.  Don't think there was any solution presented although there
are claims that session caching is working.

Bjørn