radtest and IPv6 support

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 19:57:04 CEST 2010

Hello all,

                I am trying to use radtest to test my freeradius
configuration over IPv6. I have configured IPv6 on my freeradius server and
a client machine from which I am firing radtest. However when I issue
"radtest bob hello 2001:db95::100 100 testing123" on my client I get a

"radclient: socket: cannot initialize udpfromto: Function not implemented"

                Google returns a few people reporting this, but answers are
related to changing how localhost is resolved when testing it from the
freeradius server. Is there a proper solution for using radtest over IPv6
from a remote machine?

Btw radtest works fine over IPv4 on my current setup.

                Thanks a lot,

                Panos