expiration module and reply items

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 4 09:26:07 CEST 2010

Ana Gallardo wrote:
> I'm working with freeradius 2.1.8 and I want to return an attribute when
> eexpiration module return 'userlock'.
>
> I try to add the item in expiration module:
> expiration {
>     Reply-Message = "LA CUENTA HA EXPIRADO PARA
> %{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}"
>     Codigo-Reject := Cuenta-Expirada
> }
>
> But it doesn't work.

  Nothing in the documentation suggests that will work.

> I also try using unlang in authorize section:
>
> authorize {
>
> . . .
>
>     expiration
>     if (userlock){
>         update reply {
>             Codigo-Reject := Cuenta-Expirada
>         }
>     }
>     pap
> }

  That will work, with one minor change.

> ++[expiration] returns userlock
> }
> Using Post-Auth-Type Reject

  Yes.  Once the module returns "reject" or "userlock", the server stops
processing the section and returns.  The solution is:

	expiration {
		userlock = 1
	}
	if (userlock) {
		update reply {
			Codigo-Reject := Curenta-Expirada

  This is documented in doc/configurable_failover, and to a lesser
extent in "man unlang".