Rewriting Exec-Program-Wait

Mindaugas Riauba ml at kilimas.com
Tue Jun 8 09:43:20 CEST 2010

  Hello,

  Just upgraded to freeradius2 2.1.7 on CentOS 5.5. And
Exec-Program-Wait no longer works now for accounting packets. Rewrote
to exec module.
  But for performance reasons we were not executing external program
for all the packets before. We used more specific user entries in
users and acct_users files to return result without executing program.
Like:

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept, NAS-Identifier == "company",
Calling-Station-Id =~ "^49", 3GPP-SGSN-Address =~ "^10.20.20."
DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept
    Exec-Program-Wait = "/etc/raddb/external-auth"

  How to change that to exec module syntax? So that external-auth
would not be called for certain packets?

  Regards,

  Mindaugas