FreeRADIUS and Asterisk. Problem with accounting

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 8 15:20:16 CEST 2010

Pawel Plato wrote:
> ... I thought that FreeRadius will somehow map these
> values from Asterisk to values which can be put to radacct table,

  Not everyone has an Asterisk server.  There are standard RADIUS
attributes which everyone else uses.

  See raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf.  It contains the default queries used
by the server.  You can edit them to add anything you want.

 e.g.
> Asterisk-Start-Time ---> acctstarttime, etc. Obviously, it doesn't. I've
> been googling for whole day concerning this problem, and I wasn't able
> to find anything related to it, so probably other users had no problems
> with that. I assume that I would have to create a custom table for
> supporting asterisk RADIUS packets, but I wasn't able to find anything
> on google. I would appreciate any kind of help, hint, or advice.

  See raddb/sql/mysql/schema.sql.

  Both the schema and queries are editable.

  All of this is documented in the file "doc/rlm_sql", and in the
comments at the start of the "raddb/sql.conf" file.  There is *no* need
to google for things when the server includes a large amount of
documentation.