VLAN info disappears

Andras Dosztal adosztal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:46:49 CEST 2010

Dear FR users,

I've configured FR2 (2.1.8) to authenticate users from the users file, and
I ran into a strange problem. In the first case, I've configured it to
direct a user to VLAN 129:

user1   Cleartext-Password := "Default1234"
         Tunnel-type = VLAN,
         Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = "129",
         Termination-Action = "RADIUS-Request"

User authentication works fine, but the user isn't directed to the correct
VLAN, the switch port remains at its default VLAN. Debug log:
http://pastebin.ca/1880327

In the second case, I've turned off 802.1X on the client, then I've set
it's MAC address in the users file (of cource, mab is enabled on my Cisco
switch):

000bcd0axxxx   Cleartext-Password := "000bcd0axxxx"
         Tunnel-type = VLAN,
         Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = "129",
         Termination-Action = "RADIUS-Request"

Authentication works, the PC is directed to its VLAN.

What did I do wrong? Can you help me solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Andras