github wiki

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Thu Jun 10 13:13:21 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:32:23AM +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
>   2-3 years ago the Wiki started being over-whelmed with spammers.  The
> spam detection in MediaWiki didn't help, so the simplest solution was to
> make the Wiki "request only" for signups.

I think it might be useful if we had an automated method of requesting
an account. With a modern captcha system so that spambots don't inundate
the queue.

Fortunately it looks like something like that already exists nowadays:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount

Can you add that please? It would probably help revive the wiki a bit.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.