github wiki

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Thu Jun 10 21:15:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:09:40PM +0300, Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Fri 28 May 2010, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 06:00:48PM +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
> > >   Thanks, but we already *have* a Wiki.  I would really prefer to not
> > >
> > > add yet *another* location for documentation.
> > >
> > >   Yes... the existing Wiki has a number of out-of-date pages.
> >
> > I will, annoyingly enough :) again use this as an opportunity to ask for
> > an account on the wiki in order to be able to help fixing these.
> >
> > (It's uncommon to call a mediawiki installation a "wiki" and have a
> > strict policy of forbidding volunteers from editing, even known ones.)
>
> Just for everyone's info, we have solved my slackness in creating wiki
> accounts for newcommers by making Josip the new Wiki admin :-)

Yes. Let me use this opportunity to publicly thank you for that unexpectedly
kind act :)

But right now I'm not a solution, just a workaround - I too will eventually
get tired and lag, because the account addition process is still tedious
administrivia. Please do check out that extension I've mentioned - that
could actually become a solution :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.