FR 2.1.9 Frequent SegFault, didn't happen with FR 2.1.8

James J J Hooper jjj.hooper at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 23:42:04 CEST 2010

On 10/06/2010 22:20, Alan Buxey wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>>    OK.  I fixed both problems.  Thanks for tracking it down, it made the
>>> fix much simpler.
>>>
>>>    Do a 'git pull' for the v2.1.x branch, and re-build.  It should now be
>>> OK.
>
> hmm, this is interesting...James, do you use COA at all?  we dont but
> this code is still in there and we havent had such a crash. could this be
> an issue that gets masked by a newer version of GCC (ours are generally
> CentOS 5.5 boxes...) - we have around 2,200 simultaneous users using 802.1X
> during the working day currently so show stopping bugs generally get seen

No - we don't use COA on these boxes [yet]. How many of your users are
home, and how many visiting (or do you do any other proxying)? - Proxy
replies seem to have been the trigger for that code path bug.

We seem to have a steady hundred or so users that get proxied up to the ORPS:
http://www.wireless.bris.ac.uk/gfx/random/eduroamvisitors.png

-James