Send Accounting from any point in configuration

Stefan A. a.freeradius at premit.de
Fri Jun 11 16:34:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to send RADIUS Accounting Messages to another RADIUS Server,
depending on some contents of a Packet.

'a Packet' in this context might be an Access or an Accounting Packet.

The intended Flow:

Packet comes in ...
- for Access type, check if user might be authenticated
- if OK, try to decide to send an Accounting packet to a Server on some
attributes (in my case, VSA from downstream RADIUS Proxy Server)
- (possibly) don't care about the answer
- for Access type: accept/reject to Client
- for Accounting type: ACK to Client

As far as I understood, the proxy module does
- (only) proxy based on realm
- in proxy module, normal local Logfiles won't be used

What would be a good solution for this?

Thanks
Stefan