Ubuntu OpenSSL

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 19:28:28 CEST 2010

On 06/15/2010 01:20 PM, YvesDM wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM, David Peterson
> <davidp at wirelessconnections.net>  wrote:
>> I  know there is probably something easy I am missing but I cannot for the
>> life of me get FR to compile with OpenSSL for EAP-TTLS support.  Are there
>> any how-to’s on getting Ubuntu to compile OpenSSL support into FR2.1.9
>>

>> David Peterson
>>

> Strange, I had no issues compiling it on debian.
> You did install the openssl package right?

I'm not familar with deb packaging but normally packages are divided
between runtime components and "devel" components (what's needed to
build against). Installing only the openssl runtime components won't be
of much use for building. I suspect you need to also install the openssl
devel package.

FWIW when you run configure it will output an warning message if it
can't find the openssl devel components. Make sure you look for that.

Also, after you install the devel components you *must* run configure
again because your development environment has changed.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/