Having trouble compiling freeradius 2.1.9 on ubuntu 10.04

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jun 16 14:33:04 CEST 2010

On 06/16/2010 07:10 AM, Karuna G. Kumar wrote:
> I also got the same problem when I am compiling FreeRADIUS 2.1.8. I solved this problem by executing the following commands.
>
> Change the version number in the file appropriately and execute these commands.
>
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libfreeradius-radius-2.1.8.so /usr/lib/libfreeradius-radius-2.1.8.so
>
> You may probably get few more similar kind of errors for libltdl.so.3 and libfreeradius-eap-2.1.8.so
>
> For these, following commands will help you.
>
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libltdl.so.3.1.4 /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libfreeradius-eap-2.1.8.so /usr/lib/libfreeradius-eap-2.1.8.so

None of this would be necessary if you specified --prefix=/usr when you
ran configure. The default prefix of /usr/local is only for those
without root permission.

But as Josip says it's best to install the pre-built packages because
the person doing the packaging already has all the little details which
trip people up figured out. Using pre-built packages will save you a
*lot* of headaches.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?