LDAP-Availability

Jens Weibler jens.weibler at h-da.de
Mon Jun 21 23:50:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

last night one of our radius servers had a dying network card.

I shouldn't be a problem because I've installed several servers and if
one server isn't answering the switches are using the fallback servers.
But the interface freeradius is using was still up - only the interface
with the default gateway (= ldap access) was down. Is there any way I
can prevent such a situation in the future (besides using only one
interface)?
A reply like "I'm temporary not available - please use another radius
server" or something ;)

--
Jens Weibler