PEAP - AD Disabled

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jun 27 21:29:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Isn't the same certificate used in the TLS tunnel for TTLS?
>
> Anyhow, it appears to be something to do with the person who configed Samba.
> They clustered the servers and the privileges changes in
> /var/cache/samba/winbind_privileged. That directory has been one of the
> biggest problems we've had so far.

distro package updates will often blat such files - did the server recently
get a SAMBA update?  if so, then the post-install section changes the permissions
of that link directory. everyone in our team here is aware of that - our patch
notificaton system has big warning notices at the top of any update notifications
so as to ensure that the yum/up2date/apt-get process doesnt just get done blindly.

alan