Can a wpa_supplicant talk to a Free Radius server without a NAS in between?
rc_work at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 01:05:51 CET 2010
Thank you very much for you response Alan.
Here is my requirement in more detail:
I want to test the scalability of my server software. This server software and a Free Radius Server sit on the same linux box. I want to see how many client requests the Radius server can handle via EAP-TLS. And, in turn, I know how my server software can handle these requests simultaneously. We are looking at sending 100,000 wpa supplicant requests simultaneously to the free radius server.
1. Considering the limitation of the resources, I was thinking about how i can get so many (100,000) wpa supplicant sessions up and running at the same time. Do you have any input on this?
2. When you say "Just run 5-6 processes at the same time.", can one interface be used to send out multiple simultaneous wpa supplicant requests? If yes, how many wpa client sessions can i generate on 1 interface?
3. Can you please tell me how good WPA supplicant and Hostapd fit this test with FreeRadius Server?
4. Are they good for scalability testing or should I look out for other open source wpa supplicants/NASs?
5. Do you know of any other supplicants and AP that might do the work for me or are known to do a better job in scalability tests like this?
Thank you very much for your time.
From: Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
To: FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
Sent: Tue, March 2, 2010 12:25:42 AM
Subject: Re: Can a wpa_supplicant talk to a Free Radius server without a NAS in between?
> My requirement is to test scalability of my Server software that hosts
> Free Radius Server. I want to see how many wpa supplicant requests it
> can handle via EAP-TLS.
> 1. Can a wpa_supplicant talk to a Free Radius server without a NAS in
> between? I just want to see how many requests my Free Radius server can
> handle simultaneously. But, is it even possible for the WPA supplicant
> to talk to the Free radius server without the NAS in between them?
See eapol_test. It's included with wpa_supplicant.
http://deployingradius.com/ for complete instructions on building &&
using it with EAP.
> 2. Is there a free wpa supplicant (peer) that generates multiple
> separate sessions at the same time?
No. Just run 5-6 processes at the same time.
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Freeradius-Users