vlan and freeradius

omega bk omegabk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:01:41 CET 2010

2) " set the switch to use RADIUS return attributes for VLAN (and for
session time etc)
and set the fail VLAN and guest VLAN to Y"  => that's really what i want to
do so in my users file

myuser       Cleartext-Password := "user"
                   Tunnel-type = VLAN,
                   Tunnel-Medium-Type = 802,
                   Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = "666"
                   Session-Timeout = "28800"
                   Termination-Action = "RADIUS-Request"

but how to set the fail VLAN and guest VLAN to Y ???

many thanks

PS: "you should never use VLAN1 for users - most would say you shouldnt use
VLAN1
for anything on cisco kit - its the default native vlan." => sure!!!