Lost and confused

jin jin jyajin at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Mar 4 07:39:46 CET 2010

This is the first time that I'm trying to set up a freeRADIUS server (Ver 2.1.0) using Ubuntu 9.10 and I'm running into walls. I used the debug mode and this is the output

Failed binding to socket: Address already in use
/etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf[236]: Error binding to port for 0.0.0.0 port 1812

I googled but the closest match was a bug which was fixed earlier on. I'm not really sure what the above meant either. Do I have to connect my freeRADIUS server to my ADSL router first before I run freeRADIUS in debug mode?

I am sorry if I have asked a few dumb questions, thanks in advance to the people replying to me.

Best regards,
                    Jin

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!