Autentification error

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 19:57:37 CET 2010

On 03/05/2010 01:18 PM, Tokie wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to connect my hotspot to freeradius with the mysql.
> With the old version(1.1.7) works good!
> Now I installed newer version and I copied the same configurations
> in new files (radius.con, site-enabled/default, sql.conf, client.conf );
> but don't works!!

Version 1.x and 2.x are *not* configuration compatible. This fact is
documented. The recommended procedure when upgrading to 2.x from 1.x is
to start with the vanilla unmodified configuration. Read all the
documentation in the config area (e.g. /etc/raddb) and *incrementally*
modify your configuration to tailor it to your needs based on the 2.x
configuration methodology. It will be immensely helpful to you if you
place your 2.x configuration files under source code control (starting
the the *unmodified* versions), then start "tweaking" saving your state
in your source code repository with each successful test and
modification. Then when things break you can roll back your
configuration to a known state and not play the guessing game of "what
did I change that broke it?"

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?