freeradius 2.1.8 : No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user / sites-enabled
aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Mar 8 16:06:05 CET 2010
Klaus Schinkinger wrote:
> I got this error as you can see from the subject, as far as I have
> learned now this is due to me not having any sites-enabled, problem is I
> don't even know which ones to enable.
The default install of 2.1.8 enables the ones you need.
> So here's what I am actually trying to accomplish:
> Currently we have a freeradius in the version 1.1.13 running on Debian
> Etch and I want to port this to 2.1.18 on Lenny, which isn't that easy
> as the config files/structure have completely changed...
(1) It's 1.1.3 and 2.1.8, not 1.1.13 and 2.1.18. Details matter.
(2) the *layout* has changed, but the contents have remained 90% or
(3) i.e. Your configuration from 1.1.3 would very likely work with
(4) Don't use the config from 1.1.3. Instead, do a DEFAULT INSTALL
of 2.1.8, and copy a piece of the configuration at a time.
(5) see "man radiusd" in 2.1.8 for more instructions on how to go from
a default install to a final configuration.
More information about the Freeradius-Users