No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 17:50:24 CET 2010

Hi,

> including files in directory /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/

...empty..nothing in there

>   WARNING: Empty section.  Using default return values.

and hence nothing there too!

ensure that you have a virtual server or more defined in the sites-enabled
directory.  the default sites should be in sites-available

a default install from source code from www.freeradius.org will result in a working
system. I'm not sure why your build isnt doing this basic stuff right - please contact
whoever looks after your platform distribution because right now its broken badly!

alan