ldap authenticate object not found

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 11:41:09 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM, omega bk <omegabk at gmail.com> wrote:

> thank u both, i folowed your advices.
> i changed the basedn to *basedn = "dc=example,dc=com"*
>
> i can* successfully* perform a * ldapsearch -x -b "dc=example,dc=com"
> uid=bernard*

I beg to differ, you can successfully connect to your ldap server and
perform a search.

But you got this back:

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

Means that ldap search didn't find anything.

I suspect your BaseDN is wrong, plus you probably need a proxy user to login
with as well.  As you may not have enough rights to search.

You should solve those issues first, before you start digging into your FR
config.