Freeradius PEAP/MSCHAPv2 against Apple OpenDirectory

John elmer_radius at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Mar 15 03:55:05 CET 2010

Hello,
We want to setup freeRADIUS with Peap/MSCHAPv2 talk to Apple Open Directory. I found this option 'use_open_directory'. But looks we need to install freeRADIUS on the same machine with Open Directory.(https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2010-February/msg00307.html)

Do we have to run freeRADIUS on the same machine with OpenDirectory? Is there a work-around that we can run freeRADIUS seperate from OpenDirectory?

Best.
John