openssl support

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 17 21:48:44 CET 2010

Cesar Ortega wrote:
> Yes, I already known that. However,  for some reason FreeRadius doesn't
> recognized that OpenSSL is already installed on my system. During the
> compilation there wasn't any WARNING about OpenSSL.

  Did you read the configure / compile stages for messages about
openssl?  It's not hard.  There are a lot of messages, but a simple
"grep" should limit that to messages related to OpenSSL.

  Then... read the 20-30 messages about OpenSSL to see what's happening
there.

  To repeat: You need to *read* the messages produced on your system.

>     User-Name = "h59bfGBUMZsw4BwQZ3Pz/Q=="
> Why my username is encrypted or something like that? I don't get it... I
> just need authenticate a AD user using clear-text password

  Blame the client device.  Nokia, whatever.  It isn't a FreeRADIUS problem.