Automatic Radius Accounting when Authenticated

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Thu Mar 18 05:07:32 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Teguh Kurniawan
<teguhkurniawanwijaya at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry for my language. I'll try to re explain.
> What I mean is, radius accounting (radacct) automatic started when
> accepted client is authenticated. Client no need to send "Accounting
> Start" command to radius.

What would you need it for?

There are several types of accounting request packets, some of them
are Start, Interim-updates, and Stop. If you're doing traffic
accounting (i.e. monitoring how much traffic a client uses) you need
NAS to send them all (or at least Start-Stop).

I'm guessing you want to enable traffic accounting for NAS which does
not support radius accounting. You can't.

--
Fajar