MAC based Vlan problem

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Thu Mar 18 15:50:34 CET 2010

Hi,

we're using freeradius to switch different computer into various
vlans on our switches. We have had a working configuration for
freeradius 1.x, but for 2.1.6 (running on SLES) this configuration is
working different.
We're including a file looking like this:
-------------------
# VLAN 14
#
#
DEFAULT
        Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 14,
        Foundry-802_1x-enable = 0,
        Fall-Through = 1
#
aaabbbcccddd User-Password == "aaabbbcccddd"

# VLAN 15
#
#
DEFAULT
        Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 15,
        Foundry-802_1x-enable = 0,
        Fall-Through = 1
#
bbbcccdddaaa User-Password == "bbbcccdddaaa"

On the new freeradius *all* valid mac addresses are
getting the vlan Tunnel-Private-Group-ID from the
first statement. All other vlan id's are ignored.

The advantage was, to group all mac according to the vlan-id.
Now you have to add all settings to each mac ....

Is there a way to group the mac addresses with one header ?
--
Bye,
    Peer