freeradius 2.1.8 dies Error: ASSERT FAILED event.c[1084]: home->ev != NULL

fab junkmail fabjunkmail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:56:06 CET 2010

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your response.

Alan DeKok wrote:
>  You can configure the proxy to log accounting packets to disk when the
> home server is down.  See raddb/sites-available/robust-proxy-accounting

Ok I will definitely do this then.

>> Fri Mar 19 17:30:54 2010 : Proxy: Failed to create a new socket for
>> proxying requests.
>
>  Why is it running out of sockets?  This shouldn't happen.

Not sure but there is a _lot_ of attempted proxying going on - maybe
it just went over the system limits like open file limits or
something? In any case it probably won't be a problem when I implement
the robust-proxy-accounting.

>  You have a NAS which is sending large amounts of traffic to a proxy
> when the home server is down.  The proxy isn't configured to do anything
> useful with the packets.  This is a bug in the *architecture*.

Understood.

Thanks for your help Alan.

Regards,
Anthony