Using Groups to Limit Authentication to Network Devices

Doug Warner doug at warner.fm
Fri Mar 26 15:00:32 CET 2010

I'm trying to setup freeradius to authenticate users via LDAP but pull group
information via MySQL.  I currently only need radius for authentication to
network devices (switches, PDUs, etc) but want to make sure I set it up so
that I don't shoot myself in the foot later.

In trying to get the correct attributes assigned to a group I've noticed that
I need to set Fall-Through on each group that a user belongs to in order to
have later groups evaluated.  Is there a better way that I can say something
like, "this client should check for access from these groups" so that I only
need to set Fall-Through on certain groups instead of all?

-Doug