Freeradius Isn't Listening

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Mar 29 18:22:13 CEST 2010

Randall Degges wrote:
> I just confirmed that my server does have no firewall. The way I tested
> this is:
> When I do this I send some raw packets to my radius server on port 1812
> for testing, and my tcpdump output shows each packet being received just
> fine. So I don't think this is a firewall issue.

  BTW, tcpdump can sometimes bypass the FW by listening on the "raw"
interface.

> Can anyone check out my configs and see if something in there may be
> causing this issue?

  If the server says it's listening on a port, it's listening on a port.

  If it says it's not receiving packets, it's not receiving packets.

  Something in between the network && FreeRADIUS is stopping the
packets.  Find out what, and fix it.  But it isn't a FreeRADIUS issue.