Question: How do I forcibly accept all rest requests??

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 31 00:43:24 CEST 2010

Difan Zhao wrote:
> So I want to make all rest devices to be authenticated. It will be even better if I can assign them to a specific VLAN. I was reading ./sites-avaliable/default and I found that "forcibly accept the user (Auth-Type := Accept)". Where do I put it? I tried:
>
> post-auth {
> 		Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
> #            	attr_filter.access_reject
> 			Auth-Type := Accept
>         	}
> }

  It's too late to over-ride the reject at that point.

  And I doubt that this will prevent the icon from appearing on their
desktop.  The icon means that the *PC* believes it wasn't authenticated.
 The config above tells the *NAS* to allow them in, but does not
convince the *PC* that it has been authenticated.

  There is no substitute for running the authentication protocol correctly.