Overriding Auth Type in Post Auth

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Wed Mar 31 08:00:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

In another recent email Alan mentioned that you cannot override a reject in
Post-Auth

>> post-auth {
>> > 		Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
>> > #            	attr_filter.access_reject
>> > 			Auth-Type := Accept
>> >         	}
>> > }
>
>   It's too late to over-ride the reject at that point.

I want to implement something differently.
I want to override an Accept to a Reject in post-auth (using rlm_perl).

I got the impression from another email that that is possible.

>> I basically want freeradius to do the PAP/CHAP stuff and AFTER that I
>> want to do things like check the users CAP.
>
>   Use post-auth.

The way this sounds, is that you can change an Accept into a Reject, but not
the other way around in post-auth.

Or am I confused?

Thanks,

--