Radius + WPA-TKIP help

Rohit Indukuri rohit.vit at gmail.com
Mon May 3 17:47:24 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am using freeRadius(2.1) for the first time, for WLAN authentication.
I followed this 'wiki.freeradius.org/WPA_HOWTO'. I created the default
test certificates by just changing the 'commonName' in server.cnf and
client.cnf. Installed ca.der and client-name.p12 on my windows xp
machine configured the client according to the HOWTO. When I start the
Radius server in debug mode and try to connect the client, I can see
Access-Accept sent on the radius side, but the windows client says
'Validating Identity' and retries after sometime. I tried the same on a
windows 7 client and got the same result. But when an Access-Reject is
sent on the windows 7 client,  it stops retrying. So, I think that means
there is no problem with the Radius server. It has to do with the client
config./certificates(?). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rohit