R: Re: R: Re: R: rlm_ippool: No available ip addresses in pool

Tabacchiera Stefano stefano.tabacchiera at lottomatica.it
Tue May 4 21:39:10 CEST 2010

>Tabacchiera Stefano wrote:
>> Alan,
>> here's the content of gdbm db:
>
>  Ah... it's the DBM pools.
I already stated that in the subject of my mail (did you notice the module name?).

>  Well.. use "rlm_ippool_tool" to manage the pool.

Great idea! Too bad that tool allow only to cleal *all* the entries in the DBM pool.

Or am I just missing something?

>  Or, get your NAS to send accounting stop packets.  It's *supposed* to
>send stop packets when a user session is cleared.

As I already said, I know the NAS sometimes doesn't send acct-stop pkts, but it's out of my control.

My questions (still unanswered, let me say) are:

1) is maximum_timeout useless?

2) Is there a way to keep my dbm pool safe and updated (I mean no expired addresses), even in the case some acct-stop pkt are loss?

3) Should I switch to sql pool, 'cause dbm it's actually unreliable?

Thanks again.

ST

La presente comunicazione ed i suoi allegati e' destinata esclusivamente
ai destinatari. Qualsiasi suo utilizzo, comunicazione o diffusione non autorizzata
e' proibita. Se ha ricevuto questa comunicazione per errore, la preghiamo di darne
immediata comunicazione al mittente e di cancellare tutte le informazioni
erroneamente acquisite. (Rif. D.Lgs. 196/2003). Grazie

This message and its attachments are intended only for use by the addressees. Any use,
re-transmission or dissemination not authorized of it is prohibited. If you received
this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete all the material.
(Rif. D.Lgs. 196/2003). Thank you.