What does a good example look like

Huckle Berry huck.berry at gmail.com
Fri May 7 00:29:30 CEST 2010

Hello again,

I have a few questions that may or may not be related to each other. First,
I know radtest works fine for testing the basic functions of freeradius
(i.e. it will authenticate with no encryption) but I would like to know if
radtest can be used to test authentication using one of the various types of
encryptions and protocols.

Question two has to do with said protocols. Is there a clear and concise
page that will define all of the protocols (PEAP, EAP, TLS, TTLS, MSCHAP,
MSCHAPv2, LEAP, WPA(1/2)-PSK, etc) how they differ from each other and what
exactly happens during the authentication process. Illustrations would be
nice.

Question three: I have come to conclude that some protocols are the same
thing with different names, can anyone clarify which protocols are the same
or are at least compatible, and which are different?

Lastly, what does a successful authentication look like for each type of
protocol. What should I be looking for in my freeradius output, and what can
I compare it too. Possibly if I saw where stuff was going haywire I could
determine for myself what the issue is.

~Huckle Berry